Monday, October 29, 2007

Bhool Bhuliyaa for First offered to Aishwariya rai - vidya balan


Now it can be told. Playing the woman possessed in Priyadarshan's Bhool Bhulaiyaa was not easy …no make that, a harrowing traumatic and lethal experience for Vidya, so much so that one day while doing the climactic dance of death as the woman-possessed, she simply fell to the ground.

Recalling the trauma she smiles, "For a person like me who never gets outwardly angry, never raises her voice and never gets violent getting into character as Manjulika the wronged demoniacal abusive ghost was something I thought I'd never carry off.
Hats off to Priyadrashan for having so much faith in me. I'm aware the role was offered to Aishwarya Rai. I was also aware that Shobana and Jyothika rocked in the Malayalam and Tamil versions of the film. They were both accomplished dancers.

I had to learn Kathak from scratch, then perform a proper formal dance with a trained dancer (Vineet) and also do a demented raging out –of-sync dance performance as a woman-possessed.

more at santabanta.com

No comments: