Friday, November 9, 2007

Stars Reveals Plan for Diwali

They are the stars who light up Bollywood’s glitzy sky 24/7, but for Diwali, they shine just that much brighter.

The bombs among them, ah yes, they sizzle otherwise too, but during the festive season, you would forgive them if they kept their performances at home for family and friends. So, what do the stars do for Diwali then? BT made some phone calls and came up with these answers...

Amitabh Bachchan: Nothing special. My mother’s condition keeps us worried. Diwali is always an open house at Jalsa. And, yes, since this is Aishwarya’s first Diwali in her new house, it is special for us.
John Abraham: I will be spending Diwali with family and friends. No crackers, but there will be lots of candles, I love the way the whole country is lit up.

Priyanka Chopra: I’ll be with family. I can’t think of a better way to celebrate Diwali.

Shilpa Shetty: I’m in the midst of my show in Manchester. For Diwali I’ll be performing in London and then attending a party hosted by the Hindujas.

Akshaye Khanna: I'll be playing cards, sleeping very late and shooting late next morning.
Bipasha Basu: As always, I will be with my family and friends. There will be a puja followed by dinner. I also want to clean up, renovate and probably re-paint my house.

Arshad Warsi: I don’t and can’t play cards. Diwali is a day for the family. Maria, Zeke and Zene-Zoe. No crackers needed.

Suniel Shetty: I’m in Istanbul playing producer for Mission Istanbul. But my wife and children are here with me, so that’s a blessing.

Celina Jaitley: My best friend Tanuj is down from London and I’ll be getting together with all my close friends. There’s Laxmi Puja as well at home. I’ll decorate my home with traditional diyas. We are incorrigible card players. And the sessions go on all night with occasional indulgence in gujiya and mithai.

Ranbir Kapoor: Diwali is a huge event in our home. It’s bigger this time because my debut film is being released. There’ll be the usual family puja. And, of course, loads of sweets. My dadi cooks the most delicious Diwali delicacies in the world. Since my sister is down in Mumbai for my premiere, Diwali will be the way I like it. A family affair.

Tusshar Kapoor: I hate playing cards. I celebrate Diwali with close friends, probably go out clubbing.

Esha Deol: I don’t know how to play cards. And I’m petrified of crackers. But I like to watch. I love to light up our house with diyas. We’re in a new home this year, so Diwali is even more important.
Mahesh Bhatt: Bollywood is a gamblers’ den. We gamble all through the year. Why do we need to play cards at Diwali?

No comments: