Monday, December 10, 2007

Shiney Ahuja keeping his finger crossed for Khoya khoya chand

Shiney Ahuja is keeping his fingers crossed. The immensely talented actor hopes his performance in Sudhir Mishra's "Khoya Khoya Chand" will fetch him critical acclaim like it did in "Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi".

Although Sudhir Mishra has denied "Khoya Khoya Chand" is based on Guru Dutt's life, Shiney says there're quite a lot of similarities between the character he plays and the legendary filmmaker.

"I play a filmmaker of the 1950s and 60s who doesn't follow any set patterns. The kind of films my character makes are very relatable to Guru Dutt's oeuvre. And then there's a romance with an actress of the times. So it's semi-biographical. There're quite a lot similarities, I won't deny that," Shiney told IANS.

"If 'Khoya Khoya Chand' doesn't get me critical acclaim, I'd be disappointed. It could become as successful as Muzaffar Ali's 'Umrao Jaan'."

Shiney says he didn't prepare for the role.

"I never do any preparation. I go by my instincts on the sets. And with a filmmaker like Sudhir it gets easier. His clothes, dialogues, sets and overall aura helped. I began to believe I was in the 1950s," said Shiney, who will team up with Mishra again for "Ek Aur Devdas".

Excerpts:

Q: Do you play Guru Dutt in Sudhir Mishra's "Khoya Khoya Chand"?

A: There're quite a lot similarities, I won't deny that. I play a filmmaker of the 1950s and 60s who doesn't follow any set patterns. The kind of films my character makes are very relatable to Guru Dutt's oeuvre. And then there's a romance with an actress of the ...
Related Keywords :
Khoya Khoya Chand
Shiney Ahuja
Umrao jaan
Soha Ali Khan

No comments: