Friday, July 25, 2008

Shipa Shide Irritates the producers


Television actor Shilpa Shinde of Maayka fame is in trouble again — she has irked a producer by quitting his soon-to-be-aired reality show Saas Vs Bahu, saying that she didn’t like the concept.

Siddharth Tewary, the producer of the show, was taken aback by her comments.
“I was surprised by her comment in an interview. She directly hit at our creative content by saying that she did not like it,” Tewary said. Tewary had earlier produced serials like Mata Ki Chowki for Sahara One and Amber Dhara for Sony.

“I am utterly disappointed by her comment and her sudden decision to quit. It is so unprofessional. How can she say so, when more than 100 celebrities from films and television are going to be part of the show,” he added.

Shilpa’s departure is creating problems for Shoma Anand, with whom she was paired in the reality show. Both feature in Zee TV’s Maayka. “A senior actor like Shoma Anand agreed to be part of the show with Shilpa, but now she has backed out and Shomaji is left alone,” Tewary said further.

Shilpa defended herself: “When I was approached for it, I made it very clear to them that the concept doesn’t sound interesting to me, but I would think over it. Earlier, I thought of doing it because it was at least different from playing a weepy daughter-in-law.”

About Shoma Anand, she said: “Yes, she is a bit upset with me. Now the production house is looking for another girl who can replace me and participate with Shomaji. I want her to participate in this show and do well.”

No comments: