Saturday, November 3, 2007

King of Bollywood - Shahrukh khan first takes

As Shah Rukh Khan turns 42 on November 2, we take a look at all things interesting about the reigning King of Bollywood.
First Appearance: While audiences saw SRK for the first time in the television series Fauji in 1988, in the same year he featured in his first film, an English tele-film by Arundhati Roy, titled, In Which Annie Gives It Those Ones. He played a homosexual character in this one.

First Release: Raj Kanwar's Deewana (1992) opposite Divya Bharati was his first release but his first signed film as a lead was actress Hema Malini's directorial debut, Dil Aashna Hai.

First Hit: Deewana went on to become a huge musical hit with the title song filmed on SRK and Divya Bharati topping the musical charts.

First House: After coming to Mumbai in 1991 he had a brief stay in actor – producer Vivek Vaswani's house in Colaba. He purchased his first flat in Bandra, from the money he got from Producer Prem Lalwani for doing his Guddu (1994). He purchased his present house, Mannat, a sprawling 23,400 sq. feet sea facing villa situated at Bandra, Bandstand for a whopping Rs. 13.32 crores in 2001.

First Award: It all began with winning the Raman Subramanyam Award for Character, All Round Performance in Studies, Sports & Extra Curricular Activities in the Year 1983 in his school days. His first Bollywood award was – Filmfare Award for Best Newcomer in 1993. Till date he has won 21 National and International Awards.
First Special Appearance: For pal Ashutosh Gowariker's directorial debut film Pehla Nasha (1993), he did a guest role and featured in a scene playing himself along with Aamir Khan. This was probably the only time he featured with Aamir till date. He has done a total 14 guest appearances till date with the latest one being Heyy Babyy (2007). Most of these have been for his buddies.

First Hot Scene: For Ketan Mehta's Maya Memsaab, the King Khan featured in his first and only sexually explicit scene that incidentally featured the director's wife, Deepa Sahi in the nude. He hasn't done any kissing sceen on screen till date and is very clear that he will never ever do it.

First Production:
He floated Dreamz Unlimited, a production company in partnership with close pals, filmmaker Aziz Mirza and Juhi Chawla and produced his first film, Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani (2000). He followed it up with Asoka (2001) but both these films flopped. But he went on to be third time lucky with Chalte Chalte (2003). He also set up another production company Red Chillies Entertainment under which he produced his first film for another close pal Farha Khan, Main Hoon Naa (2004).

First Stunt Direction: He has been the 'Thrills' co-coordinator for four films till date. His first stint was for close buddy, Karan Johar's debut film, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998) followed by, Main Hoon Naa (2004) and Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna (2006).

First Singing Experience: Shah Rukh sang for the first time in Mansoor Khan's Josh (2000), the Apun Bola number picturised on him and Aishwarya Rai.

A few famous quotes from the Witty Khan down the years –


I am Try-sexual. I try anything that's sexual.
Awards that ignore me are losers.
I have no competition. Every year the names I'm pitted against keep changing. You can't cream the competition, you have to kill it.
If I talk to a girl, it's assumed that I'm having a scene with her. If I don't, then it's assumed that I'm gay.
I'd like to believe there's a little of Hitler and Napoleon in me. Even if I try, I can't be as selfless as Mahatma Gandhi and Mother Teresa.
My children look like Gauri, but Thank God they have my brains!
Though my wife thinks I'm mad, I know I'll drop my daughter to the parties she's invited to. I'll want her friends to say, "Wow what a handsome father you have!" When she's with her boyfriend in the backseat of our car, I'll be at the wheel, driving her around.

No comments: