Friday, November 30, 2007

Zayed Khan becoming a proud papa soon

Zayed Khan and pretty wife Malaika held a godh-bharai ceremony at the JW Marriott, yesterday evening. The attendees included Zayed"s parents: Sanjay and Zarine Khan, Aishwarya and Abhishek Bachchan, Farah Khan, Kaykashan Patel, Sonali Bendre, Esha Deol, Aarti Surendranath, Farah Aqueel Ali Khan, Kiran Joneja, Sanjay Khan and his wife, Ravi Chopra"s wife Renu, Bhushan Kumar"s wife Divya, Ashish Choudhury"s wife Shamita Bangargi, Honey Irani, Sussanne Khan, Anna Singh, Vashu Bhagnani"s wife and daughter and Sunil Shetty"s wife Mana among others.

Zayed Khan says, “People are talking about me becoming a proud papa so much that now I am scared. I will be more of a friend and less of an authoritarian figure."

The papa-to-be sat up with Malaika on Monday night teaching her to say the prayers. Says Zayed, “The prayers are in Arabic so I was sitting up with her all night and teaching her how to recite them.

We had the traditional godh-bharai with gold coins, a silver thali and gifts being given to Malli. People also gave us their blessings. People tell me I don"t look like a father but I think it"s a mindset.

In the last two months, I have become very focused on my career, quit alcohol and get up at 6.30 am. Today I am very aware of my responsibilities. I talk to my baby every day and it"s just a great feeling!" And what has the proud papa given his wife?

“I have given her my unconditional love," Zayed laughs and adds, “I have given her the traditional gold guineas, diamonds and other stuff."

Director Farah Khan and her mom presented Malaika a Christian Dior watch at the ceremony.

No comments: