Sunday, December 2, 2007

Amrita Rao says i was like shit when i saw OSO...

When every other star worth their salt in Bollywood appeared in the special item number in Farah Khan’s Om Shanti Om, one actor was conspicuous by her absence.

And she is Amrita Rao. It raised many eyebrows when Amrita who was considered to be extremely close to both Shah Rukh Khan and Farah Khan wasn’t featured in the rocking chartbusting number Deewangi which was shot with 31 stars grooving to it.

And when we asked Amirta about it, she clarifies. “Well to put the record straight, Farah Khan wanted me to be part of the song, but I was shooting in Austria for my Telugu film and I couldn’t just leave my shoot mid way and fly down to Mumbai for the shoot. I really regret not been able to make it. When I saw the movie, I was like ‘Shit, I should have been in the song, the whole industry is here, except me.’ And Farah called me again to shoot for the Main Bhi Hoon Na, award sequence for the film, but unfortunately I was shooting in Bangkok for an ad film and again missed the chance. It was very unfortunate.”

And when the film got released, Amrita says she was one of the first to watch it and cheer it. I’m very thrilled for Farah, she deserves every success in this world. I’m glad her genre of film is been accepted by the people,” says Amrita. Three cheers to women empowerment.

No comments: