Thursday, December 27, 2007

Govinda says 50-50 to politics and film industry

He is not doing full-time politics anymore but big screen’s gag bag Govinda, who had people in splits in Partner, says that he hasn’t quit politics permanently.

"I’ve severed all relations with undesirable elements. I met (Congress chief) Soniaji and told her I wanted to work towards improving my own constituency. Now, I want to restrict myself to my constituency. I find the clouds around me dispersing. I want to get as close to nature as possible," says Govinda. "I’ve been targeted for trying to do good work, but I won’t give up. I’m trying my best to go beyond all nuisance around me," he explains. Govinda plans to do solo roles soon. "Please treat my three films Bhagam Bhag, Salaam-e-Ishq and Partner as stepping-stones. I feel I’ll be carrying films on my own shoulders shortly."

Excerpts from the interview:

Are you in or out of politics?


I’m like water. My temperature depends on the atmosphere. Things around me had become so volatile I couldn’t function properly. In Indian politics, deception seems a byword. I’ll have none of that. From now on, I want to be a part of only those factions that believe in decency and hard work. That applies to both cinema and politics. I’ve severed all relations with undesirable elements. I met Soniaji and told her I want to work towards improving my own constituency. Now, I find the clouds around me dispersing. I want to get as close to nature as possible.

Why was there so little of you in your comeback film Bhagam Bhag?

My intention was to make a comeback at any cost. I wasn’t finding a way out anywhere. Salman Khan and David Dhawan were the first to offer me solace. Then came Priyadarshan and Akshay Kumar. I never bothered with how I was treated. I just needed to return. I didn’t want to be caught up in any more problems. At least, I found a place back in the industry.

Akshay seems to be playing the kind of roles you used to do.

I believe every actor gets some chance or the other to show his capability. I had one long scene in Bhagam Bhag and I was happy with that. An enlightened viewer knows when it comes to getting into character Kamal Hassan and Amitabh Bachchan are the kings. To a certain extent you find Abhishek getting into character. How many actors today have the capability to go beyond characters? I feel I’ve done whatever I could. I think I’m quite okay in Bhagam Bhag.

Do you feel you were treated unfairly in Bhagam Bhag.

Shall I tell you frankly? These things do happen. I don’t want to think of these things. I don’t want any actor to be scared thinking Govinda will eat him up. I want to achieve my target of again doing solo heroes. Sure I’ve started at the bottom rung. But that’s where everyone has to start.

Will you have time for any politics after so many films?

A person can have time for any thing he desires. There’s a great satisfaction in humanitarian work. I’ve been targeted for trying to do good work, but I won’t give up. I’m trying my best to go beyond all nuisances around me.

Related posts:
Unusual Taare Zameen Par Music launch by Aamir Khan
Shahrukh khan likes to work in animated Flicks
Sonam Kapoor aunt of Ranbir Kapoor???
SAAWARIYA Review - belongs to Ranbir ! ! !
Om Shanti Om premiere London 4 Videos
Om Shanti Om : Movie Review
Ajay Devagan,Kajol,Ritesh Deshmukh in Ramayana

No comments: