Sunday, December 2, 2007

Madhuri Dixit Enjoys her Comeback...

How does Madhuri plan to balance her domestic duties in Denver with her movie maneuverings in Mumbai? "I haven't signed anything new. I have not planned any new project as yet…And it isn't because I want to see how my so-called comeback is accepted. The box-office outcome of Aaja Nachle has nothing to do with my future in films. I'll sign another film if I like it."

She ponders for a while. "We'll see how it goes. Maybe I could again shoot in India during the kids' vacations. Or then the film could be shot in the US." Madhuri's sons Arin and Ryan have seen mom's films in passing. "And they've seen Devdas fully. They found me strange in that film because I was bedecked and bejeweled from head to toe. What I've worn in Aaja Nachle is how they see me dressed at home…Hum Aapke Hain Koun was another film that was pretty close to me in dress and thought," she adds after a moment's thought.

She cuts down all speculation regarding her unwillingness to be in India to promote the film. "What rubbish! Yash Raj Films and I had decided that I should be here fifteen days before the film's release, and here I am. I think two weeks is a decent period to acquaint people with a film. And the TV promotions had paved the way for my arrival." Madhuri admits she had never gone all-out for any of her earlier films. "Times have changed. Now you need to tell people to come and see your film. It is like inviting guests for a daughter's wedding. And you know what? I'm enjoying it.

No comments: