Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Pritam Loves making young, vibrant and catchy songs

RACE, JANNAT and now KISMAT KONNECTION - Each of these films has taken a great start at the box office and the common factor between them is a man by the name of Pritam. Delivering one chartbuster track after another, he is now being held responsible for enabling a film to gain enough attention weeks before it hits the screens. No wonder, the man is now called as a hit-machine with numerous albums of his (most recently being SINGH IS KINNG) ruling the music charts from top to bottom.

However, for the moment we draw his attention to KISMAT KONNECTION which has seen the best ever opening for a Shahid Kapoor starrer. Pritam's songs have been chartbusters yet again and though not all of them have been best placed in the film's narrative, they have found appreciation by one and all ever since the music had hit the stands less than a month back.

On contacted, Pritam said in his characteristic modest tone, 'I got a simple brief that the music of KISMAT KONNECTION had to be young, vibrant and catchy. I delivered as per the requirement and am glad that it has caught on so well with the audience.'

Well, that indeed is the case with 'Aai Paapi' and 'Move Your Body Now' turning out to be huge chartbusters.

'Yes, I am aware about that but if you ask me, my personal favorites are 'Is This Love' followed by 'Bakhuda Tumhi Ho'', smiles Pritam, 'I rarely get an opportunity from filmmakers where I can concentrate on creating melodious music. Most of the times I end up doing rhythm based dance numbers. However, when I read the script of KISMAT KONNECTION, I was delighted on realizing that there was scope for creating a couple of hardcore love songs. I jumped on the offer and the results were the two songs.'

With 'Teri Ore' from SINGH IS KINNG being yet another instance of Pritam delivering goods when offered a chance to create something melodious, one looks forward to many more chartbusters from the bearded man in the months to come.

No comments: